our dear friends jamie and greg are getting married in just nine short days, and i have the honor of being one of the bridesmaids – yay! with the big day around the corner, i have been getting my to-do list and packing list together to make sure i don’t miss a thing. one of the items on that list is all of the new makeup i’ve recently purchased to complete my bridesmaid look. like many ladies, i have created a makeup collection over the years and that old stuff just had to go. so, since i was basically working from the ground up, a personal consultation at sephora sounded like the perfect plan. i mean, i think i have an acceptable day-to-day look, but i knew i needed to step up my makeup game for the wedding – gotta look good in those pictures!
my stylist grace was ready to get to work the moment i hopped onto that stool, and with my close friend alison at my side (her makeup always looks stunning), i knew i’d be in good hands. thankfully grace was willing to work with some of the basics i already have since i have sensitive skin, so i didn’t totally break the bank on that day’s purchases. we had a gay ‘ole time as grace showed me where to sweep the eyeshadows, what to do with that charming little makeup egg, and, perhaps the most entertaining part of the afternoon, how to apply false eyelashes! i mean, i might be biased, but i think the end result was kind of lovely (despite the silly faces). 🙂
now, all throughout the appointment alison was diligently taking incredibly detailed notes, as i am going to have to recreate this look myself the day of the event. so, armed with her notes and all of the supplies, i followed the instructions and….voila! with the exception of no false eyelashes, i gotta say i don’t think i did too bad of a job. again, please pardon the fish face – just gotta show off those cheekbones…!
although i got most of my supplies at sephora, some of them i had to hunt down at ulta. i don’t want to take sides in this post, but the stores don’t carry all the same products, so you do what you gotta do. and, to give credit where credit is due, here’s a list of all the products used in the making of this look.
- almay truly lasting color liquid makeup (for the foundation)
- maybelline fit me concealer
- almay smart shade loose finishing powder
- urban decay eyeshadow primer potion (to keep that beautiful eyeshadow in place!)
- urban decay naked2 eyeshadow palette (this palette will be versatile even outside wedding season)
- almay intense i-color volumizing mascara (the brush on this one is huge!)
- almay intense i-color gel smooth liner
- duo striplash adhesive
- sephora astonish false eyelashes
- laguna bronzer by nars (a “cult classic” according to their website)
- too faced love flush blush (God, i love the little compact this thing comes in)
- ecotools travel set (it’s super cute!)
- make up for ever aqua lip lip liner
- make up for ever rouge artist natural lipstick (the slickest and softest i’ve ever put to my lips)